Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Blessing of The Hands

It was an awesome couple of days. I was asked again this year by Lake Hospital systems to volunteer at one of their medial facilities and pray blessings for the caregivers there. I first met in the Meditation Room where an employee was my contact. We were given some balm to anoint their hands and a sample prayer. I wrote my own wanting to let them know how much I appreciated their devotion to caring for others. A handful of nurses made their way down so we decided to take our blessings to the 4th and 3rd floors. We were met with 2 responses, "I'm alright" and "Oh, Please!" Everyone seemed appreciative. I prayed for 50 nurses, police officers, surgeons and food service people.

Today was exceptional. I was asked to go to the Mentor Medical Campus. My employee contact went down all the halls and rounded up everyone. But that wasn't satisfactory for her because some people couldn't leave their office. So we went to them. In the pediatrics office, 6 nurses huddled in the kitchen area. Several had never had a blessings before and were a bit skeptical. By the time we were done, two of them walked down the hall arms around one another and one woman was brought to tears. The final stop was an office with one nurse who was very hesitant to give us the time. We arrived just as her young pregnant daughter and husband were there. I talked them into a blessing as well. I prayed for the young couple and we were all moved to realize that this was a divine appointment.

God showed up and I thank Him today for all those who care for us in the medical field.

No comments: