Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG, THAT IS THE QUESTION

I am writing from the Refocus 2014 Pastors Conference at Moody Bible Institute.  Just attended a class "How to Write a Better Pastor's Bog" with Jamie Janosz.  I stated that I had a blog, but I was infrequent.  I decided to look mine up and was shocked to see that infrequent was an understatement! December of 2012?  That's crazy.  Time to get back to it.

So I thought I would just restart with a couple comments from the morning sessions that challenged me today - and then make a commitment to do a better job in the future. (But isn't that the life of a back slider - I will try harder!) Well, we will see!

Larry Moyer in his General Session unpacked, 1 Cor 2:1-5. Larry is a champion for evangelism.  He said all we need is: a simple message;  obedience in spite of our fear;  and the right perspective.  He summed it all up by helping us personalize this point, "I don't need to be a brilliant man with a clever mind, I just need to be a broken man with a clear message."

That being said, he concludes with the belief that we have no excuse to not share our faith if we know the gospel,  "Jesus died for our sins and then rose from the dead."

More to come.

No comments: