Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm An Ignoramus

Webster tells us the definition of ignorant is: "lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified".

That would mean that a person who lacks knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified would be an "ignoramus".

It seems that the older I get the more I am at ease saying, "I don't know." I guess sometimes I'm an ignoramus.

Now that statement alone may cause you to say, why would I want to read his blog? The answer - to see just how dumb this guy really is!

Actually we are all on a journey and as the pastor of a growing church we do know some things with certainty but life is messy - and full of I don't knows.

So I guess you will have to read this blog regularly to find out what I know to be true and also what I don't. Maybe you can even set me straight?

I hope to write a few times a week - short blogs to keep you informed about what's happening at The Grove as well as send out the call to join in the fun. So stay tuned, and let me know you're reading.

Tomorrow I'll write again.

In His Grip,

Jeff

3 comments:

Peg said...

Hi "Iggy!" :)

I am pleased to be the first to respond to your new blog. Looks like a lot of fun. Us lexophiles just can't be away from words for too long... May want to pick your brain about how to develop my own blog one day soon.

Iggy too-
Peg

Tammy said...

great idea jeff


Tammy

Colleen Horning said...

Ignoramus!! Now there's a blast from the past. Leave it to the oldest in the clan to turn a once sibling slam into something positive. Proud to be your Sister both in blood and in Christ. You da bomb baby!