Wednesday, October 24, 2007

P.I.G. Roast

Hello again,

In my previous life I would take offense to that opportunity. It meant something totally different to me when I was a cop. Then one day a fellow officer told me that PIG stood for Pride Integrity and Guts!

It took on a whole different meaning and the title no longer caused me to react.

We're hosting a great time of fun and food this weekend where we will roast a poor pig (yum). It will start with a scavenger hunt and then end at the Keeney Gathering Place on Girdled Rd. where there will be plenty of laughs. I hope you are planning on attending! Contact me if you haven't already signed up.

This whole P.I.G. thing got me thinking though. Would you attach the words pride, integrity and guts to your christian walk. Now before you quote me scripture that says pride comes before the fall - let me explain.

A couple of definitions might be in order. Dictionary.com states that pride is:
1.the state or feeling of being proud.
2. something that causes a person or persons to be proud

Could that describe how you feel about your belief in Jesus Christ? Are you proud of being a Christian?

Integrity - now we all know what that means. Does your integrity inspire others - cause others to want to be more like you?

Guts - do you have the guts to share your witness with someone else?

I hope to shed more light on this Sunday when our theme is Grace Anatomy: Grace For Others

Don't miss out on either Saturday or Sunday - see you then.

Jeff

No comments: