Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Cough, cough, hack, hack.

Not exactly the way I expected to spend my Thanksgiving! It was already going to be a little strange in that Cindy and I would be celebrating it alone, but to get sick on top of it?

Isn't if funny what we let get us down? In my message this Sunday I will be sharing why our thanksgiving must be continual and not contingent. We have too many examples in the scripture of those who have praised God in the middle of pretty bad circumstances. I hope I can do justice to this important topic.

While I have your attention I want to take time to give thanks for my friends and family at The Grove!

This has been a turbulent year for us as a congregation and for many of your families - and yet - we have grown closer together and are unified in our call and mission to "Know, Go, show and Sow".

Thank you to a hospitality team that week after week shows the love of God to first time guests and regular attenders alike.

Thank you to a worship team that week in and week out bring the best they've got to help us enter into the presence of God.

Thank you to a media team that always makes my messages better.

Thank you to some pretty amazing folks we call coaches who love our kids and teach them God's Word every week.

Thank you to life growth group leaders who care for our members through thick and thin.

Thank you to a steering committee who provide Godly direction to this church.

Thank you to all who serve in various roles - too many to list here.

Thank you to all who support the Grove through their time, treasure and talents.

The holidays are upon us and I am really looking forward to our Hanging of the Greens this Sunday evening at 6pm. Bring a dessert and a decoration for our meeting place and watch how we can transform it as we remember the symbolism of the season.

1 Thes 5:18 - "give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Jeff

1 comment:

The Schedlers said...

We love and missed you both too! We're so very thankful for such amazing and Godly parents. :)
xoxoxo - feel better soon!