Friday, March 20, 2009

What Are You Thinking?

Some Grovers recently told me they were continuing a fast from wrong thinking. Pastor Gregory Dickow has a daily devotional that he will send to anyone to help them move away from negative, non God honoring thoughts. You can subscribe at his site: http://fromtheinsideout.us/

I've always known how my thoughts can effect my mood and I've tried to help others get beyond the “WHAT IF”—what if something bad happens; what if I lose my job; what if God doesn’t help me; what if my children don’t turn out right.

Pastor Dickow stated in his devotion today - "Stop letting the “what if” thoughts paralyze you from trusting God and acting on His Word."

He then gave us some practical thoughts I wanted to share with you.

Romans 8:28 says, “All things work together for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.” THAT’S YOU.

Expect the power of God’s intervention. No matter what happens in life, the Scripture promises, it will turn for your good, if you expect it to; and invite the Holy Spirit to get involved. (Romans 8:26-27) 3. Make life happen. Rather than letting life just happen to you. Be pro-active. All speculation and fear disappear when we ACT on the Word of God. Do one thing in the Word of God. Give something away; pray for someone.

Expect the best. Jabez prayed that God would bless him and enlarge him. Read 1 Chronicles 4:10. WE HAVE A BETTER COVENANT (Read: Hebrews 8:7-13).

You are already blessed. Believe it. Ephesians 1:3 says, “He has already blessed us with all...”

Also, Romans 8:32 says "With Jesus, He has freely given us all things!"THINK IT & SAY IT:I expect the best beginning today. God has already blessed me and enlarged me. I expect His blessing to show up in my life beginning today. He will turn every negative situation around for His glory and for my good. As I act on the Word of God, I will see His blessing show up in every area of my life, in Jesus’ Name!

My challenge to everyone who reads this is that we will begin to practice expecting God's blessings to show up in our lives today and everyday.

It isn't pie in the sky, by and by thinking. This is real biblical truth.

Practice it today!


Visit the Grove Church Website
Read other Grove Church Blogs

4 comments:

Jan said...

Jeff - what a great reminder of what God's word tells us about our though lives! I too, am guilty of being "negative thought driven" and it always manifests in something other than what would honor God. I am reminded that God's desire is to pour good things into my life...what a great thought to start each day with!

Peggy said...

Jeff- There is such power in words, especially the ones we say to ourselves. It is so true that as a person thinks so they are...
I am growing increasingly aware of how the enemy uses lies to destroy His people.

thanks for the reminder, the challenge to be proactive toward thinking rightly.

Carolyn Lindenmuth said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I signed up for Gregory Dickow's newsletter because I too suffer from negative thought patterns. I really want to change my life habits to clearly reflect my beliefs.

Peggy said...

As a person thinks so they are...
how true. Not an easy task to take every thought captive....
For me that is where the enemy gets in...wrong thinking. How we need one another to speak truth into our lives- to speak loudly to us when the enemy of our soul whispers his lies. Thanks for timely reminder Jeff!