Monday, July 28, 2008

Lessons From A 1 Year Old

Have you ever been around someone whose laugh is so infectious you can't help but join in?

I don't think we laugh enough anymore. We don't put ourselves in the position to. We are so driven by our jobs, our hobbies, or our need for the next experience, that we miss some pretty good ones right in front of us.

At the prodding of my bride and a desire to be helpful to our daughter, I flew to Nashville Sunday after church and will be spending a couple days here with Jenny and our grandson Angus. Today was pretty hot and humid, so much so that the weatherman's index here to measure humidity was in the oppressive range! But we managed to cut up the tree that fell across here fence, clean up the yard and mow it before it got even hotter. Can't remember being much hotter in my 56 years!

But inside the house it was much different. The air was on and our grandson was anxious for grandpa to come back in the house. I had been working especially hard to win him back over sine it's been several weeks since we were last together and our weekly webcam just doesn't accomplish the same. But by mid-afternoon I had worked my grandfatherly charm - on all fours and giggling and making a fool of myself - but Angus loved it. And so did I. Can I just freeze frame my life and enjoy this moment over and over forever? Well yes I can thanks to technology. I've provided a picture and a video below.

Let me encourage you to come out of wherever you are hotter than you've ever been, come inside where it's cooler, get down on all fours, make a fool of yourself and LAUGH!

Nothing overly spiritual about that concept but I think God would approve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Jeff your right, we don't laugh enough anymore. This video is so cute! Yeah it's funny to see you acting goofy, but to hear a childs laugh is so much more. I will have an everlasting smile on my face today. Thank you! Tina

Jeff Sivyer said...

I'm sure a lot of people have me pegged as being a bitm stuffy - maybe people will see me as normal?

Thanks for the comment - miss you!